If you have varicose veins that cause pain or other symptoms, Varithena is one of the best treatment options available. This treatment can improve the appearance of varicose veins and address many of the symptoms of venous reflux disease. Below is some information about this procedure and how it can help with your condition.
Why Varithena is The Right Option For You
Varithena is a procedure that uses an FDA-approved microfoam to treat varicose veins and venous reflux disease. Varithena is administered under ultrasound guidance to ensure accuracy. It has been approved by the FDA for the treatment of varicose veins, as well as associated symptoms. Some of the symptoms that improve after treatment with Varithena include swelling, aching, throbbing, itching and heaviness.
Varithena works by replacing the blood in the diseased vein with microfoam, which causes the vein to collapse. Once the vein has collapsed, the blood is forced to flow into your healthier veins. This treatment option offers several benefits that make it a good choice for most varicose vein patients, including:
- No need for an incision – Varithena treatment can be administered without an incision, so it is not as invasive as most other treatment options.
- Well tolerated by patients – Varithena treatment is typically tolerated better by patients than other treatment techniques that involve the use of a catheter.
- Short procedure – For most patients, the Varithena procedure will take no more than 30 minutes to complete.
- Quick recovery – Following the Varithena procedure, you will be able to return home almost immediately. Although you will need to avoid heavy exercise for the next week, your recovery will be short and easy.
- Effectiveness – The foam used in the Varithena procedure is easily absorbed and much more advanced than similar foams on the market.
Varithena Cost: What to expect
Most patients wonder how much their treatment with Varithena will cost. These costs vary based on the choice of provider and the complexity of the procedure, as well as other factors. In general, the cost of Varithena treatment may range from $2000 to $3000. To find out the exact cost of your treatment, talk to your doctor. In some cases, this is covered by insurance for medically necessary procedures.
Varithena Results and After Care
Varithena treatment has been shown to improve the symptoms and appearance of varicose veins. Following the procedure, you should notice less pain, and your varicose veins should become less visible.
Following the procedure, be sure to adhere to all of your doctor’s instructions carefully. You may need to avoid certain strenuous activities for the first week, but you will be able to return to most of your normal activities right away. If you are considering Varithena for the treatment of your varicose vein, Inovia Vein Specialty Centers can help you determine if this procedure is right for you. Please contact us to learn more about varicose laser ablation treatment with Varithena. You can also follow this link to meet our Vein Physicians in our various Oregon locations.