Your initial consultation will be with one of our board certified Surgeons or Physician’s Assistants. They will review your vein health history, discuss how your varicose veins affect you, and discuss a plan of care.
Typically, the initially treatment plan consists of compression stockings, leg elevation, and walking. Ultrasound may be performed to identify the source of compromised veins. Compression stockings may also be prescribed and/or fitted.
A 6 week follow-up appointment will be scheduled.
A follow-up evaluation of the results of your conservative treatment is performed. If your symptoms have been relieved, no additional appointments may be necessary. If your symptoms remain we will discuss the minimally invasive treatment options available for treating your varicose veins. A plan will be put in place so understand the procedures that will be performed, and the timing of these.
The various options will be discussed, and we will work with you to develop the optimal treatment plan to address your situation. Once we schedule your procedure, we will request pre-authorization from your insurance company, and work with them to provide you an estimate of your out of pocket charges. Find out what our patients are saying about these procedures.
It’s procedure day. No need to worry, we’ll take good care of you!
- The procedure takes place right in our office, usually during a 1-hour appointment.
- The procedure is performed under local anesthesia using minimally invasive techniques.
- Patients can return to work the day after the procedure and regular activity within 2 – 3 days after the procedure.
- In some situations, a second or third procedure will be required to fully treat your varicose veins.
- Depending on the procedure, compressions may be worn for a few days after the procedure.
Fourth & Fifth Appointments
After completion of the surgical plan you’ll have a follow-up, often with venous ultrasound, to confirm all is well.
A 3-month check-up will usually include an ultrasound of the treated leg(s). You and your doctor will discuss results, symptom relief and any unresolved symptoms.